Some days, I just want to crawl in bed and color. I feel like I’ve been saying this for years…since I’ve had to become an adult. Every time it rains, I want to pull out an old coloring book and crawl under the covers and color. I hoard new Crayolas. My friends are in on the trend, too, and we get together about once a month to color together. I’m not sure if I find it all that relaxing or stress reducing, but it does put me in a different state of mind – I don’t worry about all the other things I have to do – it’s just for fun.
The recent trend of ‘adult’ coloring books has me delighted since I don’t have to color Strawberry Shortcake and Barbie any more! You can find these new books, with more challenging designs and themes that appeal to adults, everywhere lately, it seems, including the checkout line at the grocery store.
Today, I’m sharing my current favorite books and coloring tools. (I’ve purchased and used all of these, but the following may contain affiliate links)
2. Color Me Cluttered: A Coloring Book to Transform Everyday Chaos into Art by Durell Godfrey – I love the designs in this one –a writer’s messy study, cats, a kitchen table cluttered with the fixings for a salad…fabulous change of pace.
4. Posh Adult Coloring Book: Inspirational Quotes for Fun and Relaxation: Deborah Muller – This is my go to book. Nice single page designs with inspiring sentiments. The lines are thick, the pictures are pretty, and the messages are inspiring. Hands down, my favorite.
5. Color Me Fearless: Nearly 100 Coloring Templates to Boost Strength and Courage (A Zen Coloring Book) by Lacy Mucklow – This one has some readings interspersed throughout the boook about fearlessness and bravery. The designs are nice and varied, so if you want to color a mandala or an elephant or just a design, it’s all there for you.
9. Colored Pencils by Crayola – these are marketed to adults, but they may just be regular Crayola colored pencils for all I know. I like them, though. They color smoothly and you get a nice selection of colors.
10. CreooGo Canvas Pencil Wrap, Pencils Roll Pouch Case Hold For 72 Colored Pencils ( PENCILS NOT INCLUDED )-Color fish,72 Holes – A pencil roll that use to bring my pencils to our coloring parties. There are several styles to choose from, too. I like to have my pencils all out in front of me when I color, so I don’t leave them in the packaging they came in.